Tuesday 28 June 2011

The Three Stooges

You've heard of Moe, Curly and Larry, but let me introduce you to Cherie, Colette and I (Samantha)...

We joined Crossfit at the same time and decided to stick together to help motivate each other. That we are, but we're also having a great time doing it...it's a comedy show really. Every WOD we seem to have so many questions, we whine, we complain and we simply give the trainers a hard time. There's no denying it really and I feel bad, but it's almost become a routine of ours and it's comical, at least to me. haha...

As we were leaving, we were scheduling our classes that are starting July 1st and stumbled when it came to pick a time for the Sunday session. Cherie's thinking late morning or early afternoon and I'm thinking we should get it over with earlier in the morning. After about 15 minutes of discussion, "what if" scenarios, annoyance to the facility manager and laughter we decided on 11:00 am. We'll probably end up changing something along the way, no doubt about it.

How did I feel?
Tonight's WOD was still a challenge, but a relief after Sunday's torture. My quads were still sore after the 350 squats we did on Sunday, but after warming them up and stretching it out tonight, they are a lot better.

So how did I do? 
The warm up itself consisted of 20 pull ups, 20 dips and approx. 400 m run around the building we repeated this circuit three times.

WOD for time:
  • 25 Push Ups (instead of bench press - we're not ready) x 3
  • 25 Kettle Bell Thrusts with two 20 lb weights x 3
  • 25 Prison Squats x 3
My time: 15:58

I bet I could of even done this faster if I pushed a little harder and didn't stop for water. There's always room for improvement :) Nonetheless, this feels good, compared to Sunday's time of just over 50 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment