Sunday 19 June 2011

Eating = Energy

Where it all happens!
Today's WOD was hard on me and I think it had to do with the fact that I hardly ate during the day. We're working on renovating the bathroom and bedroom at home and I got caught up in hanging drywall rather than eating today. I paid the price in my workout for sure.

How did I feel? 
At first I was full of energy from eating an orange and found the warm up itself to be a great exercise. Getting into the first round of the WOD was tough after that and it only got harder. I was beat red by the end of it and that wasn't from embarrassment.

How did I do? 
Today's WOD had a slightly longer "warm up" than what we've been used to. It included a total of 3 laps around the building (approx. 1200m), 45 sit ups and 45 push ups.

There were a few new twists to today's WOD. There is now an 8 ft (ladies) and 10 ft (men's) mark on the wall to use a targets for wall ball. I also carried 30 lbs of weight while doing lunges across the room, ouch!

3 Rounds of the following:
  • 15 Dead Lifts
  • 20 Box jumps (12 inches)
  • 25 Wall Balls
  • Lunges wall to wall with two 15 lb kettlebells
Time: 24:44
Well, that kicked my ass!

I'm going to eat more tomorrow and go back again...

No comments:

Post a Comment