Saturday 4 June 2011

Paleo Birthday Cake Recipe

Well, today is my birthday, so I found this great recipe to make a Paleo birthday cake. I already cheated with the Triple Tuxedo cake my co-workers bought for me the other day, so figure that this weekend should be a little healthier. Ok, and Thursday night I drank a few Gin & Tonics because my Aunt was in town for the night...there are too many temptations in the world, but I think it's ok to break a few times, as long as you still feel good. :)

This is probably the simplest recipe I've ever seen in my life and I'm glad, because I hate baking. *The almond meal is bloody expensive ($15 for the bag), which is reason enough to only bake this for yourself once or twice a year.
Almond Meal (finely ground Almond)
Ingredients:
¼ cup oil (I used Olive Oil)
¼ cup honey
2 eggs
1 cup almond meal
½ cup cocoa powder
3 bananas, flesh mashed

Preheat a fan‐forced oven to 350 degrees. Grease a cake tin and line with baking paper.
In a large mixing‐bowl cream the oil, honey and eggs until light and fluffy. Add almond meal, cocoa powder and bananas and combine well. Pour the banana cake mixture into a cake tin.

Bake in the oven for 50‐60 minutes or until cake is cooked.
*For extra points, I'm going to slice up some strawberries to put on top. :)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Samantha, happy birthday!
    I'll have to try this recipe too. It looks super simple, and a really easy starting point for branching out into new variations.

    Do let us know how it goes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was delicious! See my new blog post...http://mycrossfitdiaries.blogspot.com/2011/06/day-nine-post-birthday-wod.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do I have to add the almond meal to make the cake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, that would be what replaces the flour. It won't work without it!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for Sharing! I have been looking for a first Birthday cake for my soon to be 1yr old daughter Shelby.

    ReplyDelete