Friday 3 June 2011

Day Eight - Will it get easier?

Last night's WOD was hard on my wrists, chest, neck and shoulders. We were timed to complete the following:
Don't give up!

50 Push Ups
10 Kettle Bell Swings
40 Push Ups
20 Kettle Bell Swings
30 Push Ups
30 Kettle Bell Swings
20 Push Ups
40 Kettle Bell Swings
10 Push Ups
50 Kettle Bell Swings

How I felt...
Well, my wrist hurt pretty bad, so John gave me two 10lb dumbbells to grip on to while doing push ups. It helped my wrist, but was a little bit of a challenge. I ended up throwing in quite a few modified push ups.  By the end of the WOD I was pretty fatigued.

So how did I do?
Well, the good news is that I finished the above WOD in under 30 mins and my friends finished 8 minutes before me so they were cheering me on at the end, which was nice. The "bad" news is that if I didn't complained about my wrist so much and just pressed through the pain, I could have finished with my friends. The other good news is, one day I will finish with everyone else!

As the push ups were decreasing, it was easier, and faster to complete them at the end of the WOD, it's actually quite encouraging. Add the above up and what do you get...

150 PUSH UPS

150 KETTLE BELL SWINGS

No comments:

Post a Comment