Monday 13 June 2011

Day Ten - Back in the Game

As you read in the previous post, my energy has taken a fall in the last week and I really noticed it tonight. The time away felt like I was starting at square one again. Lesson learnt.

How did I feel? 
I was very frustrated tonight with this WOD with the lack of energy. I had hoped that the Paleo diet lifestyle change was working for me, but maybe not, I'm confused. It is supposed to increase energy levels, but maybe it'll just take a little more time. Perhaps my body is still getting used to the changes and reduced sugar levels as I've been cutting out dairy, starch and sugar. I had a look over the alternative diet that John suggests and will try some of the meals listed. Diet is so frustrating to me, I hate following these things, but as long as I'm eating "healthy" I'm happy. One thing that is included in the literature I was presented was to take fish oil several times a day, it's worth a shot!

So how did I do? 
This WOD was tough after missing a week of CrossFit.

Warm Up - Approx. 800 m Run
  • 15 Push Ups X 4
  • 15 Leg Raises X 4
  • 20 Burpees X 4 (I frigging hate these)
  • 25 Wall Balls X 4
Time: Approx. 36:54

We're going to go again tomorrow since I have Yoga Wednesday and my friends play golf that day as well. 


Just a reminder, if you want to try CrossFit in Yellowknife for FREE, check out www.themartialcentre.com or call John Stanley at 446-6526. You can also e-mail him at john@themartialcentre.com for further information.


No comments:

Post a Comment